|Crispy chocolate on the outside; velvety-smooth frozen banana inside…|
Believe us, these little munchies are seriously good! Tried and tested on adults and teens in the house, with a unanimous thumbs-up. And the best thing is you probably have all the ingredients in your kitchen right now, so what are we waiting for? Let’s get making…
1 large banana
2-3 tabs nut butter (almond would be great; we went one better and used our homemade almond and pistachio, but even plain old peanut will be yummy)
100-150g vegan dark chocolate
some chopped nuts for decoration
- Slice the banana into 5 or 6 chunks (or smaller slices if you prefer a higher chocolate to banana ratio).
- With damp fingers, carefully coat the banana pieces in the nut butter. We left the tops uncoated for some reason, but you needn’t.
- Place on greaseproof paper and freeze until the banana is solid.
- Melt the chocolate and remove the coated banana pieces from the freezer. At this stage, you can pat the nut butter into a more even layer. Dip the pieces into the chocolate and stand on the greaseproof paper; top each one with chopped nuts straight away because the chocolate will begin to set as soon as it touches the frozen banana.
- Eat as soon as possible or store in the freezer. Our little batch lasted approximately 5 minutes, so I don’t know how long they keep.