|Fresh out of the box!|
I realised that I’d never really had a smoothie until we got our new Omniblend last week! For years we had got away without having a high speed blender in our collection of kitchen tools, but we finally realised that we could do without no longer as we are all into making smoothies and blending soups and sauces from a variety of ingredients, some of which, like nuts or kale, can be hard to break down properly. But now nuts, dates and greens are rendered effortlessly into velvety concoctions in seconds and our smoothies are now at last truly smooth. The Magimix food processor is still amazing for making nut and seed butters, hummus etc. and the Cuisinart grinder perfect for nuts, seeds and spices- but from now on in our house, a smoothie really will be a smoothie! Of course it’s not just a smoothie maker: here are some of the other things we have made with our Omniblend:
- Amazing pancake/ dosa batters using chana dal, potatoes or potato flour. Just put the dal in dry and hard and the Omniblend will reduce it to a powder!
- Quick soups (it even heats them).
- Quick dals- break the dal down and then put it in the pan to cook for a fraction of the time!
- Almond milk- it really brings the creaminess out.
We are looking forward to making:
- Icecream- it gets so much air into smoothies it’s bound to make soft and velvety icecreams too.
- Date caramel. (The Magimix hates dates; they stick round the blades.)
- Hemp milk.
One of the best features of the Omniblend besides its powerful motor is that the plastic jug is BPA free; so your healthy ingredients will stay healthy.
PS: We were not approached by any company to review this product- we just wanted to write about it!