We’re really excited about this version of our raw vegan millionaire’s shortbread; we’ve mastered date caramel using a high speed blender, added cacao butter to the chocolate topping and used coconut sugar instead of agave as the sweetener, plus we threw in some coconut flour to the base, replacing half the oats. The result: a sweet treat that’s literally choc- full of premium superfood ingredients, all organic apart from the dates and nuts and extremely delicious! Can’t wait to share this with you all…
4 tabs melted coconut oil
200g ground almonds
11/2 tabs agave
50g porridge oats
50g coconut flour
A generous pinch of sea salt
- Melt the oils and mix all the ingredients together.
- Press into a tray lined with baking parchment, about 1cm thick. Ours was 22x9cm, but you could use 25×8 or the equivalent.
- Leave in the fridge to firm up while you make the caramel.
3tabs melted coconut oil
400g stoned weight fresh dates
2 1/2 tsps nat vanilla essence
Small pinch salt
- Place everything in a high speed blender, using pulse and a low setting. Stop and stir if necessary. After a minute or two you will have a soft caramel. Magic!
- Spread on top of the base. Again, leave in the fridge while you make the chocolate.
1/2 cup 125ml coconut sugar, melted with 4tsp, or 20 ml water
3/4 cup cacao
45 ml coconut oil melted measurement
45 ml cacao butter, melted measurement
- Melt the coconut oil and cacao butter.
- Add to the coconut sugar and cacao, mixing well.
- Spread evenly into the caramel and leave to set in the fridge.
- Cut into 16 small squares, and store in the fridge.